Yoga is the key to psychological and emotional healing as well as resolving issues with self-confidence, relationships, and more.
Have you ever noticed how good you feel mentally while you are practicing yoga on daily basis? Yoga is pure psychology – the entire practice of Yoga helps us work with the nature of the mind, the nature of human being and also understand how emotions live in our bodies, how they affect our human behavior and how it uplifts the mind-body spirit.
Here are few 5 ways how Yoga can benefit your mental health and well-being and even improve your relationships
1. Yoga moves you from the sympathetic nervous system to the parasympathetic nervous system, and provides comfort therefrom. You typically have less anxiety while you practice yoga and enter a more relaxed state. As soon as you start breathing deeply, you slow down out of fight-or-flight and calm your nervous system. A relaxed mind gives birth to a relaxed body and you feel uplifted.
2. Yoga helps you build your sense of self-esteem. Through yoga, you get to know yourself and cultivate a more nonjudgmental relationship with yourself. You are building self-trust. You trust your mind, you trust your body and you trust yourself. You exercise more and eat healthier, because your unconscious mind tells you, “I’m worthy of this me time” At the end of the day, everything comes down to your relationship with yourself. When you get more confident and become more rooted in your sense of self and thereby develop a healthy relationship with yourself where you have nothing to prove and nothing to hide. That is where you become courageous with greater willpower. You’re not afraid of difficult conversations—you know you’re still going to be OK at the end of the day.
3. Yoga improves your romantic relationship. When you’re more centered and more peaceful with yourself, you’ll be the same way with your partner—you’ll view them through the same lens of understanding and unconditional love. You will be less reactive and be considerate with your partner. This will develop a better bond between both of you.
4. Yoga helps you become aware of your “shadow” or hidden qualities. Yoga makes us recognize qualities in ourselves that we were not aware of, helping us be more mindful. How do we look at those places in our bodies where we hold tension, tightness, knots of energy? That’s typically where we are holding our psychological or emotional energy. We work from the outside in, so asana is so important. A backbend in Yoga will help open your heart and release the stiffness between the shoulder blades, you will have some sort of emotional release, which you may or may not be conscious of. It’s about doing the inner work for the most desired shift or change.
5. Yoga helps you deal with family origin issues which we call karma of the past. The family you are born in today is the result of the karma you have done in the past. It’s about owning what we call sacred wounds and taking them on more mindfully. You’re the only one that can change the world around you by having more control over your actions and your behavior. Once you have more control over your actions, even the world around you will behave in a more controlled and disciplined manner as a reaction to your behavior.
Psychonline helps you deal with your mental health issues. Yoga is a strong tool that can be used for your mental health issues and we vouch the same.
In case if you need more information about our offerings you can reach out at https://www.psychonline.com
For any group sessions and webinars, please contact [email protected] or +1617-909-4766. We work in the USA and internationally. For practice or center, PsychOnline (www.psychonline.com) can provide an EMR, e-prescribing, scheduling, customized intake forms, customized written notes, billing. For further questions please contact us at [email protected] or +1617-909-4766.